Tuesday, October 11, 2022

[2022.10.12] EKIN CHENG LEADS THE LIFE MUST GO ON CAST TO AUDIENCE APPRECIATION EVENT

Alfred Hui becomes a film rookie, learning on the job

The cast visits many cinemas to thank viewers for their support
courtesy of on.cc

Ekin Cheng leads his co-stars to audience appreciation events

Alfred Hui (right) only agrees to be in LIFE MUST GO ON because of Chu Pak Him
courtesy of mingpao.com

The film LIFE MUST GO ON (SUM SIU SIM BEI KAU)'s "hot blooded coach" Dior Cheng Yi Kin and Catherine Chau Ka Yi led a group of new actors including Gladys Li Ching Kwan, Isabella Chan Hoi Ning, Chung Suet Ying, Cloud Wan Ho Ying, Feanna Wong Suk Man, Viann Li, Ocean Wong Hei, Sany Song Ka Yi to the movies for audience appreciation event before the opening and during the opening week, thank viewers for their support, and even bring a dodge ball to give to the audience!

The cast during the audience appreciation event actively answered the audience's questions and shared their experience, one viewer asked Ekin why he insisted to stay in Hong Kong to make Hong Kong films. Ekin seriously answered, "Everyone have lived in Hong Kong for this long, in these few years indeed a lot have happened. However I really like movies and the comic book world. Film should be separate, shouldn't play reality once more. When I got the LIFE MUST GO ON script, that was what I felt. We now need this, which is what is missing now. This time working with a group of young actors, I never had so many co-stars who span several generations. They injected a lot of energy. At the same time everyone were able to have exchanges. I feel this should be shared. Whether the script, the cast, the director and their ideas were all uniform. I hope everyone after watching would sense this energy." Chau Ka Yi also said, "Because this film is united, our audience appreciation events are also very united!" Ekin jokingly disagreed, "No, actually it's because the director has been watching us the whole time!"

Li Ching Kwan, Chan Hoi Ning and Chung Suet Ying said that they never thought that they would have a chance to follow Ekin to another audience appreciation event. They praised him as a full score big brother. Gladys said, "Ekin always encourages us to speak more, he even worries that he would steal the focus. He really takes good care of our group of actors." Chung Suet Ying said, "Ekin uses a very sincere attitude, in addition he has a lot of energy and influence. He affects his fans to be very supportive of every one of us."

Guest stars in the film Alfred Hui Ting Hung and Chu Pak Him also made an appearance to show their support. Alfred even contributed his first audience appreciation event. He said with excitement, "I myself haven't had close contact with everyone in a very long time, I hope everyone would be happy to us at the audience appreciation event. I want to thank Chu Pak Him in particular. If not for him, I would very likely not have taken this role because actually he led me to acting. He helped me open a door that I didn't dare to break through before. In acting I am learning like a new comer, I hope everyone continue to advise me more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment