Wednesday, April 13, 2022

[2022.04.14] TABLE FOR SIX MAKES UDINE SCREENPLAY COMPETITION, MID AUTUMN HONG KONG RELEASE

courtesy of on.cc
Stephy Tang also has another film selection for Udine.  In TWELVE DAYS, she and Edward Ma played a couple, telling the changes of them from dating to marriage

Dayo Wong says that the TABLE FOR SIX screenplay is amazing, through a few dinner scenes the film talks about love and family of the brothers and the difficulties they face.

Yeung Chiu Hoi's co-directing debut, THE FIRST GIRL I LOVED would compete for Udine's Best New Director 

SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE stars Karena Ng, Hugo Goh and Kara Wai, about blind parents who gave birth to a daughter with healthy vision.
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Dayo Wong Tze Wa, Stephy Tang Lai Yan, Louis Cheung Kai Chung, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi, Lin Minchen, Peter Chan Cham Man starred film TABLE FOR SIX (FAN HEI GUNG SUM) was selected for the 24th Udine Far East Film Festival and would also compete for the Mulberry Award for Best Screenplay.

Tze Wa said, "I always thought the script was amazing, just through a few dinner scenes it talked bout love and family of the brothers, and the difficult problems they faced. A very crazy comedy that at the same time is able to create a warm feeling is rather difficult to make. TABLE FOR SIX would be released for the upcoming Mid Autumn Festival, I hope everyone would enjoy the Udine Far East Film Festival selection."

Director Sunny Chan Wing Sun was very happy about the film's competition selection. "This time I am every happier that the film received a Best Screenplay nomination. Because I started as a screen writer, I would pay more attention to the script. When a script I wrote was able to be recognized I would feel very encouraged. After so many years I still feel comedy is very hard to write, it has to be funny but also has to have something to say. It even has to include all the emotions within. The balance is very hard to grasp, so I am truly happy and excited about this recognition. Of course I have to thank the cast and the crew, especially six very good actors. Completely because of their good performance people would feel that the script is good, I am very grateful to them. Thank you Tze Wa, Stephy, Ah Chung, Wong Yuen Chi, Lin Minchen, Chan Cham Man, I even want to thank the special guest star (Fish) Liew Chi Yu. I hope TABLE FOR SIX would be able to see everyone at the movies as soon as possible!"

The Yeung Chiu Hoi co-directed, Hedwig Tam Sin Yin and Renci Yeung Si Wing starred film THE FIRST GIRL I LOVED (HEI FOON NEI SI NEI) was selected for the 24th Udine Far East Film Festival, would compete for the "White Mulberry Award for First Time Director" and hold its Italian premiere there. Yeung Chiu Hoi announced the good news on social media. "Thank you to the event, I hope this Hong Kong film would be able to touch the hearts of the Italian viewers."

No comments:

Post a Comment