Friday, December 9, 2022

[2022.12.10] GOLDEN HORSE AWARD BEST ACTOR ANTHONY WONG HAS NO CONFIDENCE IN WINNING HONG KONG FILM AWARD

Anthony Wong and director Lau Kok-Rui two nights ago met the media with their Golden Horse Awards

Anthony Wong with THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET won his first Golden Horse Best Actor
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 61 year old Anthony Wong Chau Sun earlier with the film THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET (BAK YUN CHING CHUN) won his first Golden Horse Award Best Actor. The film's director Lau Kok-Rui also won the Golden Horse Award Best New Director and Best Original Screenplay. Two nights ago Wong Chau Sun and Lau Kok-Rui brought 3 Golden Horse Awards to meet the media and share their experience. Wong Chau Sun said that he has been nominated for the Golden Horse Award but lost. After waiting for 20 some years, he finally won the Golden Horse Award Best Actor. Now it is his spring. Would he be able to win the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actor as well? Wong Chau Sun said that he dared not think about it much, because this year had many good movies. Every actor would be very strong, so he might not even have a nomination.

Wong Chau Sun and Lau Kok-Rui two nights ago met the media with the Golden Horse Awards. Wa he happy about winning the Golden Horse Award Best Actor? Wong Chau Sun said, "It's so rare, I waited for over 20 years for this award. I have been nominated but lost, and elders told me to 'wait a little'. Now that I finally won, of course I am happy." Was it the spring that came late? He joked that now is finally his spring.

Wong Chau Sun felt that new directors are very lucky for him, earlier with the Oliver Chan Siu Guen directed STILL HUMAN (LUN LOK YUN) he won the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actor. He joked that Lau Kok-Rui now has already become an old director, so he could not work with him again. Lau Kok-Rui joked, "Earlier I saw Chan Siu Guen, we both said that we have already became Chau Sun's exes." Was Wong Chau Sun confident about winning the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actor with THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET? Wong Chau Sun said that he did not dare to think much about it. "This year has many good movies, every actor is very strong. Maybe I won't even be nominated. Actually this time I haven't thought about winning the award. My pick was COO-COO 043's Yu An-shun, in addition before announcing Best Actor THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET has already won two awards. I just thought after the ceremony what to have for a late night snack, because I really was too hungry. Thus when I was announced the winner, I really didn't dare to believe it!"

Wong Chau Sun said that after winning the award he kept celebrating. He ate so much that his right eye had a pimple, on the day before he left Taiwan he had surgery. Would he celebrate more after returning to Hong Kong? He said, "No, I have to promote the movie and I have to work with a drama troupe. I had a few days of fun. Actually awards don't matter much to me anymore, a week later no one would remember. I wouldn't think it's a big deal." He denied that he deliberately gained weight to make THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET, only during the shoot he was sloppy. He neglected his hair and eyebrows just for the character.

Lau Kok-Rui said that he did not ask Wong Chau Sun to gain weight. After reading the script, Wong made the adjustment himself to merge into the character. As for winning two awards with his directing debut, he felt very happy. Currently he has been busy with film promotion, for now he had no plan for his next movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment