Monday, November 22, 2010

[2010.11.22] SYVLIA CHANG IS RELAXED DESPITE LOSING

Sylvia Chang (Cheung Ngai Ga)

Lu Liping
courtesy of on.cc

Nominated for the Golden Horse Best Actress with BUDDHA MOUNTAIN, Sylvia Chang (Cheung Ngai Ga) lost to CITY MONKEY's Lu Liping but was not disappointed. She even sincerely wished the fresh out of the oven Best Actress Lu Liping well and thought this award was even more meaningful to Lu.

Cheung Ngai Ga said, "I have been nominated for many years already, I already have many people's recognition and admiration. (The vote count was close?) I only found out when you told me. Before the race I was very nervous, instead after the announcement I was all relaxed. Doing my job well is the most important. (Ethan Juan won Best Actor at a young age.) Not only him, we can give more opportunities to new comers!"

Best Actor Lu Liping cried out of excitement when she accepted the award on stage. She said, "In the film I played a low level hotel laundry worker, thank you Lord for giving me this character. I remember Director (Sammo) Hung Kam Bo said that I had to show my real side, no need to pretend. As long as the emotion expressed was real then it was fine. I would continue to work hard and would not be in a hurry to succeed. (You beat strong rivals Cheung Ngai Ga and Xu Fan?) I didn't think about who I beat, I am very grateful."

No comments:

Post a Comment