Thursday, October 13, 2011

[2011.10.14] LAU CHING WAN, RICHIE JEN: HONG KONG IS ALL ABOUT FAST



courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Lau Ching Wan and Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai) are Hong Kong and Taiwan hunk representatives.  They in Johnnie To Kei Fung's new film LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE (DUET MING GUM) united, unfortunately they only brushed by each other and had no scene together.  Taiwan's Siu Chai admitted that for To Sir's movie he lived in hotels in Hong Kong for three years and made him feel that he had to buy a home in Hong Kong to be able to feel like home.

Ching wan in the film played a mob figure, the opposite of the inspector Siu Chai.  However, they did not have a single scene together.  Ching Wan said, "In the film I have more scenes with Keung Ho Man and Lo
Hoi Peng!"  Siu Chai also said that he and Ching Wan only passed by each other.  They only saw each other once despite the film took two years to make.  They looked forward to being able to make a more masculine film next time.  In the film Siu Chai and Myolie Wu Hung Yi played a couple, but they due to home purchase argued.  Many post 80s couples would be able to relate.  He revealed, "My part is about family.  Hung Yi forces me to buy a home, but I accept living at the police residence.  To Sir wanted to bring out the Hong Kong family problem!  I too feel that the story is similar to the problem that the average family faces!"  As for home in real life, Siu Chai admitted that he had property in Hong Kong.  He said, "Actually to someone from Taiwan Hong Kong home prices are considered expensive.  Taiwan residence has more space and more room.  Life in Taiwan is more relaxed!"  Siu Chai recalled when he first came to Hong Kong to make movies he constantly lived in hotels.  He said, "For To Sir I lived in hotels for three years.  Although he paid, life didn't feel like going home!"  From Taiwan, Siu Chai admitted that Hong Kong people
are in a hurry with everything, which felt quite different from his home Taiwan.  Siu Chai said, "I see how hurried upstairs and downstairs are!  Everyone is busy with work, they walk particular fast.  Hong Kong people are fighting for life, life is more intense!"

Speaking of Hong Kong people's pressure of buying a home, Hong Kong native Ching Wan thought it was business as usual.  He said, "When I buy a home I live in it.  I don't even buy stock, don't have much investment.  Yet Hong Kong people want everything fast, I drive slightly slower and someone is already on the horn.  Even when I stop for people to cross the road I get the horn!"  Speaking of he, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Chow Yun Fat and Nicholas Tse Ting Fung competing for the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actor, Ching Wan stressed that he still has not received any notice.  Siu Chai said that he was the Best Actor in his heart but Ching Wan was humble.  He said, "I would be happy with a nomination!  Everyone know the result, I would try hard to do my part, everything else will come naturally!  (The competition is your nemeses?)  I don't mind!"

No comments:

Post a Comment