Friday, December 11, 2009

[2009.12.12] PETER LAM WINS PRODUCER OF THE YEAR

Miriam Yeung Chin Wa, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi

Zhou Xun

Zhang Guoli, Miriam Yeung, Peter Lam Kin Ngok, Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho), Fama, Ivana Wong

Johnnie To Kei Fung
courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

CineAsia 2009 held its closing banquet and award ceremony two nights ago in Wanchai. The event presented CineAsia Star of the Year to Zhou Xun, Producer of the Year to Peter Lam Kin Ngok, and Asia Pacific Copyright Education Award to Raymond Wong Pak Ming. Lam Kin Ngok's artists Miriam Yeung Chin Wa, Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho), Fama, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi and Zhang Guoli all came in support of their boss.

Lam Kin Ngok pointed out that his company this year made six to seven films. This award was very sudden. He said that the award was the result of hard work from everyone in the company. As for his favorite movie, he said, "My favorite is the next movie because I have motivation only from setting my goals like this." Lam Kin Ngok pointed out that the current film production budgets are climbing higher and higher. He hoped that the box office will be able to surpass budget growth. As for the most expensive actor, Lam Kin Ngok said, "Every actor has his or her own value. They wouldn't force you to get them for movies. I would never think about getting a certain actor because directors are the most certain about who is suitable to play which role." Lam Kin Ngok revealed that Andy Lau Tak Wa and Sammi Cheng Sau man will have a chance to work together again in a Johnnie To Kei Fung directed romantic comedy.

To Kei Fung expressed that the Lau Tak Wa and Cheng Sau Man new film is under preparation. The soonest its production will begin will be after Sammi's concerts. To Kei Fung is also planning a new film with Chow Yun Fat. He said, "Earlier Fat Gor has made time for me several times, but I didn't have any good script and felt that it wasn't right for me to direct." To Kei Fung pointed out that they have not worked together in 20 years, the last time was THE FUN, THE LUCK AND THE TYCOON (GUT SING GUNG JIU). Would he feel any pressure? He said, "No pressure. I am already used to getting yelled at. I got smarter." Rumored to be pregnant, Zhou Xun pointed out that the award was quite an encouragement. As for the pregnancy rumor, she patted her stomach and said, "No! Really I am not." Zhou Xun soon will be busy with CONFUCIUS promotion. She was very glad that she worked with Chow Yun Fat. "Fat Gor is humorous and friendly, I get to see how amazing a great actor's artistic life is."

Yeung Chin Wa revealed that perhaps she would buy golf equipment as a gift to congratulate her boss. As for whether she would like to win any film award, Chin Wa said, "I have set goals, but my 'acting age' is still young. I have to wait a few more years. I really would like to win with comedy because it's very hard to win with comedy. It is also very hard to play. Of course comedy or not I still hope to win a film award." Will her performance be more daring after marriage? Chin Wa said, "Bed scenes? I don't think anyone would want to see them. As I grow, perhaps my views toward love and relationship are different. Different views will elevate acting to another level."

Wong Yuen Chi appeared despite being ill. The company was in full support of her with new films but she turned down several productions. She explained, "I want my first movie to be suitable for me. I hope to be able to play a different me, like playing an intelligent woman. Earlier I already turned down a character with personality split."

No comments:

Post a Comment