Tuesday, March 27, 2012

[2012.03.28] JOYCE CHENG CHANGES HER IMAGE WITH A COMEDY FILM

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Joyce Cheng Yun Yi yesterday unveiled the City, Things & Nature art exhibit as its special guest and received a fan from Japanese artist Ryu Itadani.  Itadani even donated his work HONG KONG for a charity auction.  Yun Yi revealed that she will work on a Hong Kong comedy and make an appearance that no one has ever seen.  She happily said, "This character is similar to me and I have always wanted to play the character.  The happiest was during the audition the director and the producer both said that they have this character that they only want me to play.  So I was very happy.  Acting isn't my strong suit, this is a great learning opportunity."  In the past Yun Yi has guest starred in films, but this time was the first time that she had a character name.  Thus she was particularly excited.  Would he have to make any preparation?  She said that she would speak more Chinese and sing more karaoke because she truly learned a lot of Chinese from it.  Would she need to dress up for the performance?  She joked, "No need, my look is already funny enough.  (Will you impersonate (Kate) Tsui Tsz Shan again?))  Actually I have said several dozen times, she was impersonating me.  Because I have been in the business for over 20 years, she has been in it for less than ten."

No comments:

Post a Comment