Tuesday, December 20, 2011

[2011.12.21] TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI CALLS PLAYING BLIND HARD



courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Alan Mak Siu Fai and Felix Chong Man Keung directed, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Zhou Xun, Mavis Fan Hiu Huen and Wang Xuebing starred WIND SEEKER (TING FUNG JEH) yesterday held a wrap press conference in Shanghai.

Leung Chiu Wai in the film played someone with extrasensory power.  Due to a childhood accident he lost his sight but gained exceptional hearing, which came in handy during the intelligence unit 701's tough rescue mission.

Wai Jai said that this film was the most difficult and the most challenging in his career.  With his mesmerizing eyes Leung Chiu Wai in the film played the blind Bing.  Leung Chiu Wai joked that playing "Blind Bing" was quite a challenge but unfortunately when he shot the scene in the poster he had food poisoning.  As soon as he reached the set he began to vomit.  After six times the director asked him, "Can you still work?"  It was quite an abuse.

Although he played blind before in movies like SOUNDS OF COLOR (DEI HA TEET).  Leung Chiu Wai was truly not used to it this time.  He said, "Especially when this film was a collaboration with Zhou Xun.  In an earlier film I had to watch her performance to react, but this time I was blind and my character couldn't see her.  Perhaps I should say, I had to pretend I couldn't see, which was very tough.  I was used to express my emotions with my eyes, but this time I had to think of other ways to express the character's emotions like body language and camera assistance.  I wasn't used to that.  In addition, I had action scenes as soon as the movie started and I was being chased.  During the shot I wasn't sure whether my performance worked.  At the time I just joined the team.  I thought when I walked I didn't walk like someone blind.  At the time I thought my mood was quite confused.  I always thought my body language performance was very weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment