Tuesday, April 14, 2015

[2015.04.15] KARA WAI: EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE

Award is not a goal in life for Fiona Sit
Fiona Sit dares to love in the film but not in life
Kara Wai
Ivana Wong
Nina Paw
courtesy of on.cc

Fiona Sit Hoi Kei's image in music and film has always been a good girl, but earlier she finally jumped out of the frame and played a wild girl in the film GIRLS. It was considered her greatest challenge in her 10 year film career, finally she was nominated for the Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actress against Nina Paw Hee Ching, Kara Wai Ying Hung, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi and Hao Lei. Fiona has not seen all of their nominated films.

Although her performance has been praised as decent, Fiona admitted that she did not vote for herself. Instead she voted for her friend Paw Hee Ching. She said, "Voting is for other people, not for you to vote for yourself. It doesn't make sense to say I am the best. For Best New Performer I voted for Ivana. (So she would not fight for Supporting Actress with you?) No, she is already very funny just standing there, she has quite a knack for comedy. Sister Bau was very terrifying in her nominated film, completely and thoroughly in character. It was very different from her normally kind appearance. Earlier she joked that either she was acting all along in life, or her acting was great. She definitely is the latter."

Another rival Wai Ying Hung praised her top notch crying. Fiona excitedly thanked her for the compliment. "I have seen her movie, she is a 100% focused actress. So if either she or Sister Bau won I would be very happy. I haven't set such goals and never thought about fighting for it. If I win I believe I would faint back stage."

In the film she dared to love, Fiona revealed that in real life she was the opposite. She absolutely had no courage to express her feeling to someone she was interested in. She could only put the courage on her character. She said, "I wouldn't because of making a certain film change my nature. I love wholeheartedly in the film, otherwise I wouldn't take the role. Many people say that the performance was very convincing. Actually I drank a little for every scene. After the shoot I left the character and felt very comfortable. I can't afford to play on the road of love, so now the nomination is already a huge award for me. I can only say that confidence comes from giving 120% during the shoot, the result is up to fate. As an artist it is too cruel to determine if you put up an effort in a year just with an award. If you win it doesn't mean that other nominees don't deserve the award, so I wouldn't think too much." Having won countless awards in music, she has not won one in film yet. Fiona admitted that she would be crazy happy in the award ended up in her hands, but if not she would not be disappointed at all.

Best Actress Kara Wai Ying Hung won Best Actress at the 1st and the 29th Hong Kong Film Awards. At the upcoming 34th Hong Kong Film Award, she again has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress against Nina Paw Hee Ching, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi, Hao Lei and Fiona Sit Hoi Kei. Wai Ying Hung admitted that she was extra happy about being nominated with her favorite actress Paw He Ching. She said, "I don't need to see which movie she is in, as long as she performs the film won't be low quality."
As for the rising star Wong Yuen Chi, Wai Ying Hung said that her performance was wild and daring. She said, "This younger generation is very strong, I have to praise (Sandra) Ng Kwan Yu for giving her such a image driven character to her." Speaking of Sit Hoi Kei, Wai Ying Hung said that she has always had decent grasp on her dramatic and sad scenes. In the film world such performances were rather difficult. Hao Lei's character in the film was very outstanding and very sharp.

Wai Ying Hung has won countless awards in her film career. When she was free at home she would take out her awards to enjoy. She said, "Sometimes when I look at the awards I would get teary eyed. I feel that I can live up to my career, life achievements, I feel that I have brought glory to my ancestors."

No comments:

Post a Comment