Wednesday, September 22, 2021

[2021.09.23] SUMMER CHAN MAKES 3 MOVIES IN 40 DAYS

Summer Chan in pursuit of freshness constantly changes her look

Summer Chan works with Ron Ng (left) and Simon Yam on the film YUEN SUN JUI

Summer Chan Chi Huen is a film newcomer, but at age 16 she started on the stage. With resemblance to Mavis Fan Hiu Huen, she caught a film company's eyes last year. She decided to make the jump from the stage to film, by chance she was also accepted at the Academy of Performing Arts. Going to school and to the company arranged dance and kung fu lessons at the same time, she spent everyday rushing between classes and catching cabs. Finally she decided to give up school for now to fully focus on her film dream.

Earlier she in 40 days made 3 movies in one breath, BEYOND THE SIN (NGOK HUNG JI OI) with two Best Actors Louis Koo Tin Lok and Gordon Lam Ka Tung, GA MO NUI TUEN (COUNTERFEIT GIRL GROUP) with Anson Lo, and YUEN SUN JUI (THE ORIGINAL SIN) with Simon Yam Tat Wa and Ron Ng Cheuk Hei. During the period she rented a hotel room and never returned to home. Everyday she commuted between the set and the hotel. She said that when she had 2 days off she used them on dance rehearsal and kung fu choreography.

Because the three characters were very different, BEYOND required her to dye her hair and wear gray nail polish; YUEN required a long curly wig and solid colored nail polish; GA required pink hair extensions and Bling Bling nail polish. She said, "Once after finishing the BEYOND shoot I went to work on NUI TUEN, everyone asked me why my nails were so dirty. I said that earlier someone was after me, haha! 3 movies with different hair, nails and emotions, the entire package had to be changed. People said that I always looked different. Earlier I had bangs, now I cut it even, image wise I am looking for freshness. (How long before you grow tired of one?) Every two or three months I would want to cut and dye. Once I even clipped all my hair off, but I ended up with a bald spot on top of my hair. Finally I had to get it done again at the hair salon." Earlier at a dance rehearsal she tried to flip backward and injured her neck, but she insisted on finishing the job before going to the hospital for an examination. She said that because she was afraid that Mommy would worry, she waited until the next day to be honest with her. "Mommy is super worried about me. Everyday when I return to the hotel and the set, I would take a photo to send to Mommy to tell her I am safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment