Tuesday, February 9, 2010

[2010.02.10] DONNIE YEN CLAIMS TO BE ABLE TO BEAT RAYMOND WONG WITH ONE HAND

Kate Tsui Tsz Shan, Wu Chun

Donnie Yen Chi Tan and wife Cecilia Wang
courtesy of mingpao.com

Qi Yuwu, Kate Tsui, Donnie Yen, Wu Chun
courtesy of takungpao.com

The film 14 BLADES (GUM YI WAI) two nights ago held a premiere. Leads Donnie Yen Chi Tan, Wu Chun, Kate Tsui Tsz Shan, Qi Yuwu and director Daniel Lee Yan Kong attended. The other lead Vicki Zhao Wei remained absent from promotion. Director Lee clarified that earlier reports of him saying that Zhao Wei was pregnant were untrue. He stressed that he and Zhao Wei only had a director and actor relationship. They have not been in contact for months, but he believed that Zhao Wei fans after watching the film will not be disappointed.

Yen Chi Tan earlier expressed that low expectation for 14 BLADES' box office as it had very little promotion. He said, "In the Lunar New Year everyone liked to watch silly movies, I don't. To each its own. If we are counting global box office, I am not afraid to say I can beat Brother Pak Ming (ALL'S WELL ENDS WELL TOO 2010) with one hand." As for both Lunar New Year comedy films copying IP MAN's one against ten idea, Chi Tan said, "Both have my one against ten, you might as well directly come see me in 14 BLADES." Was the lack of promotion due to Zhao Wei? He said, "It's not her problem, it is lacking to begin with. So its Hong Kong box office I am not as confident as I was with IP MAN. Perhaps it's a company strategy issue, but I believe it will win word of mouth." Chi Tan also praised Wu Chun's action star potential, if he would have even more opportunities with action film and improve further. Will he accept Wu Chun as his disciple? Chi Tan said, "I never thought about it, that depends on destiny. Ultimately we are busy with our own things." Before admission, Chi Tan's wife Cecilia Wang arrived. Chi Tan helped her with her coat to show off her great figure as he joked, "I am not afraid to show people the good stuff, what would I hide it for?"

Wu Chun expressed that he will work hard and thanked Chi Tan for sharing his experience during the shoot. When asked whether Zhao Wei's inability to promote regrettable, Wu Chun said, "Everyone is united to do something well. If she truly is pregnant of course I would wish her well because it is a joyous event." Tsui Tsz Shan was asked whether the film lacked promotion. She said, "Today I am dressed prettier. Everyone have tried their best to promote in different places. In the end everyone have their own jobs on hand. I know the film's Mainland box office is decent, the most important are word of mouth and everyone like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment