Friday, February 26, 2010

[2010.02.27] KARENA LAM IS OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HONG KONG FILM

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

Karena Lam Ka Yung just returned from Canada. Yesterday she attended a Fair Trade event as its ambassador. Her Lunar New Year film HOT SUMMER DAYS (CHUEN SING YIT LUEN YIT LAT LAT) had ideal box office. She said, "Although Hong Kong Lunar New Year films had many opponents, but from a positive point of view, having the impulse to go to a Hong Kong film is good. Once a French film critic told me that Hong Kong film has begun to fall, I told him actually it was OK. Of course sometimes I would be disappointed, but I would tell myself that I would have even more good movies for people to appreciate." She continued that the Ivy Ho (Ong Sai) directed CROSSING HENNESSY (YUET MOON HIN NEI SI) gave her the impulse to go to the movies. She said that she has not had that feeling for a long time, as she deeply believed that the Hong Kong film market has again begun to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment