Friday, February 10, 2012

[2012.02.11] SHU QI REVEALS ATTRACTION TO ETHAN JUAN


courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Daniel Wu, Shu Qi, Doze Niu, Stephen Fung, Mark Chao
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Shu Qi, Mark Chao (Chiu Yau Ting) and director Doze Niu Chen-Zer last night attended their new film LOVE's Hong Kong premiere.  The film's other actor Ethan Juan (Yuen King Tin) was absent due to military service.

Shu Qi and Wang Leehom (Wong Lik Won) have been linked in rumors for years.  At the end of last year they were caught visiting Indonesia.  Last night reporters congratulated Shu Qi.  She immediately changed the subject.  "Are you congratulating me on my Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress nomination?  (Congratulation on you dating!)  When?  The news was written a week ago, I don't need to promote like this.  It has been rumored for ten years!"  Who would she spend Valentine's Day with?  She said that she would see Niu Chen-Zer and Chiu Yau Ting because today she will head to the Mainland to promote the new film in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and other locations.  Was she not going to rest for half a year?  She said that she would not make a movie for half a year, she would still promote.  Who would she spend Valentine's Day with?  She said, "Check out my micro blog and you would know!  I have a date with the LOVE team.  (Do you long for love?)  OK, I am always working on romantic films with actors so I don't feel like I am not dating.  Like this movie, I have to kiss Chiu Yau Ting, Niu Chen-Zer takes care of me and have an innocent romance with Siu Tin.  I feel I have all the fun in life, I am pretty satisfied."

As for Shu Qi praising Niu Chen-Zer as handsome, she said that everyone had different flavor.  However Siu Tin was the most attractive to her because they played a couple that reminded her of simpler love during her school days.  Now would she pursue simple love?  She admitted that she truly wanted simple love.  Because she had many memorable and passionate love in movies, she felt very tired and ordinary was beautiful.  Stephen Fung Tak Lun who was also linked to rumor with Shu Qi last night came with good friend Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho).  He also chatted with Shu Qi.

Shu Qi was nominated for the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress with A BEAUTIFUL LIFE.  Facing a strong opponent in Deanie Ip Tak Han, she admitted that she almost knew the result.  She was already very happy about the nomination because A BEAUTIFUL LIFE production was very tough.  Now with the Hong Kong Film Award recognition she had something to answer with.  Who was her biggest competition?  She said, "Everyone is great, I am great too.  I will attend the award ceremony, I won't be absent because I know I would lose.  (Maybe it will be a surprise?)  The surprise wouldn't be me, how tragic you guys are."

As for Best Actor, Shu Qi picked Lau Ching Wan but she did not know whether his two nominations would split his votes.  Among the nominated films she has only seen LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE (DUET MING GUM), so she did not dare to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment