Friday, October 4, 2013

[2013.10.05] SAMMI CHENG ADMIRES ANDY HUI FOR REMEMBERING ONLY THE GOOD

courtesy of mingpao.com

Sammi Cheng Sau Man two nights ago on TELLING MARIA 2 talked about her break up and reunion with Andy Hui Chi On. She said that when they broke up they have been in a relationship for 10 years and reached a bottle neck. They were not married yet and seemingly never would, and at the time in her 20s she was at a sprint in her career. Thus they naturally broke up; years later they got back together because the timing and the opportunity arrived as they both were single at the time.

Sammi joked, "At the time anyone in my way had to die! (Was On Jai in your way?) No, I didn't want death for him, but we naturally broke up. (After breaking up with On Jai, did you have other suitors?) I have tried to be with other people, but after dinner I felt we couldn't communicate and said bye bye."

Sammi and On Jai after years apart got back together again. She said it was an issue of timing and opportunity. At the time they were both single, since both had the guts to get back together they tried again. When they were caught with pork thigh and ox tongue they were at the beginning and were learning to get along.

Sammi said, "Being together again years later, I realized that I didn't put an effort into knowing this person before. It was like the first time again with many things. Actually he had a good side that I didn't realize before. Maybe before I was too self centered and focused at work, I was blind to it. Now we both are giving the same amount, we are truly getting along. I really admire him for only seeing my good side. He told me, 'You don't know how happy I was when I was with you!' which touched me a lot. He did not remember my bad side and only remembered how happy he was with me. Papa said that marriage was not just love, but also learning to appreciate your companion. Now I am grown, I have learned to control my mood and being together has been very comfortable. When we are together he still has his own world. He also respects me a lot."

However she stated that now she still has not considered having a child. "If I can choose, I am iffy on having a child. I don't know how to raise it. Now I choose not to, I hope in the future to volunteer and help those in need. My companion accepts my idea." Will she have any wedding plan? Cheng Sau Man said, "I don't have any time limit, but when I wed I won't notify everyone. It would become a big deal if (people) knew before hand. Maybe I would tell after I wed, the ideal wedding ceremony would be the simpler the better."

No comments:

Post a Comment