Monday, September 12, 2022

[2022.09.13] SAMMI CHENG NEVER GIVES UP NO MATTER HOW ROUGH HER ACTING JOURNEY HAS BEEN

courtesy of singtao.com

Sammi Cheng and Stephen Fung in HERO
courtesy of mingpao.com

Sammi Cheng Sau Man has been in film for 30 years and nominated six times for the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress, but each time she has been disappointed. However she had no complaint, instead she was grateful for one of her mentors, director Sylvia Chang (Cheung Ngai Ga) for choosing and trusting her.

Sammi stated that she always thought people around her did not know her too well. Yesterday she posted a still on social media in hopes that everyone would try and understand. "Actually mi is far more intense and serious than you have imagined. Over the past decade or so, I have always tried to perform in non comedy films. The process has been filled with difficulties, but the results have been average. I know I must elevate my acting level. I realize more and more, 'the physical and realistic feeling of acting' is the most important. Although the acting journey for me has been particularly treacherous, (mi refers to the transition form comedy to drama) however I choose to never give up and silently toil away. As long as I have a role, I would give my all to explore and perform."

No comments:

Post a Comment