Tuesday, November 17, 2009

[2009.11.18] TO LIVE AND DIE IN MONGKOK PREMIERE

Natalie Meng Yao
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

The film TO LIVE AND DIE IN MONGKOK (WONG GOK GAM YUK) two nights ago held its premiere in Mongkok. Director Wong Jing led actors Nick Cheung Ka Fai, Chan Lai Wun, Natalie Meng Yao and others in attendance. Guests included Nat Chan Pak Cheung and Samantha Ko Hoi Ning. Cheung Ka Fai was slightly late. "Earlier I was working on the film THE STOOL PIGEON (SIN YUN). Because it was the final day at the location, I had to finish before I could leave." Ka Fai hoped that LIVE will be a big box office hit. Was he nervous as a Best Actor? He said, "I welcome the film with a little panic because I don't know how it will turn out. Now I act like I always do."

Meng Yao said that in the film she played a girl with the intelligence of a six or seven year old. She became a prostitute along with her sister. She said that the most difficult was the public urination scene and the rape scene. Which was harder? She said, "Both are just as hard. Luckily during the rape scene director Wong Jing was on hand so I was at ease. However public urination was embarrassing and awkward for me." Meng Yao expressed that for this role she lost over ten pounds from the stress alone. She was glad that this time she was not a decorative character and had a lot of potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment