Friday, February 3, 2012

[2012.02.04] MICHELLE YEOH LEARNS BURMESE TO PLAY AUNG SAN

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Michelle Yeoh (Yeung Chi King) starred THE LADY yesterday held a press conference.  Yeung Chi King, French director Luc Besson and producer Viriginie Silla attended.  Yeung Chi King said that before receiving the script she already wanted to play Aung San Suu Ki.  Yeung Chi King said, "The hardest was the research, the shoot was very easy.  When I arrived at the house I already treated myself like I was Aung San Suu Ki.  David who played my husband and I had a lot of chemistry.  Aung San is a good woman.  She not only is a Myanmar hero but a world hero."

Yeung Chi King said that she spent six months to learn Burmese.  She said, "An actress has to do her homework.  My character has to speak English, Burmese, and play the piano, so I hired instructors to learn from.  Learning Burmese was truly very stressful.  Before waking up I was already nervous enough to deliver the lines."  Yeung Chi King said that seeing Aung San's release she was truly happy for her.  She has been under house arrest and has not seen her mother in ten years already.  Her release was an inspiring miracle.  Yeung Chi King also was very happy to have the Thai government and kingdom's support to make this film.  THE LADY took 13 months and before its release counterfeits already appeared.  Director Luc Besson said, "For places that don't have cinemas, counterfeit isn't a problem, but in places like France and Hong Kong, everyone should go to the movies."

No comments:

Post a Comment