Tuesday, October 9, 2018

[2018.10.10] WONG CHO LAM STANDS ON A BOX TO KISS JOEY YUNG



courtesy of on.cc

Wong Cho Lam's directing debut, the Lunar New Year musical I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE! (NEI MAI LEI, NGOR OI NEI) two days ago shot in Tai Po. He invited his elementary school classmate Joey Yung Cho Yi to play the female lead in one of the sketches. In it they had a kiss scene. Joey claimed to be nervous before, Cho Lam said that he would adapt. Did he inform his wife Leanne Li Yanan in advance? He said, "I haven't told her yet." Joey asked, "Are you worried about me? It's me! In addition I knew you first." He answered, "That's what she would be worried about. Our relationship is deep. After marriage I can't even take a glance at someone else!"

Before the shoot, he kept communicating with the team as he said that he did not want to trouble Joey with another take. Due to their height difference, the team arranged for Cho Lam to stand on a box to kiss her. In the end it was done in one take.

Aside from the kiss scene, two days ago they shot a dance scene with 80 dancers. Cho Lam said that the scene was the largest scale in the film, then he stared at Joey and said, "I would put all of the company's resources on you." Joey admitted that for that scene she spent two days to rehearse. "I had belly pain before, I really was a little nervous. With so many dancers, I didn't want to waste everyone's time. I wanted to be more precise. In addition I haven't performed in front of the camera in a long time. I really am happy for Cho Lam's directing debut, so I would do my best. I wouldn't want any regret. As soon as he asked I agreed. I didn't even have to think about it."

Cho Lam praised Joey as hard working and was pleased with her performance. "She is a great dancer. Earlier she spent a day to record a song for the film. I got teary eyed from hearing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment