Wednesday, January 15, 2014

[2014.01.16] ANTHONY WONG TELLS ASTRID CHAN TO BE THE GUILD PRESIDENT HERSELF

Anthony Wong wants to run for the Guild president to unite force for performing artist benefits

Astrid Chan pleads for Anthony Wong to spare a little woman like her.  Anthony Wong replies for her to give up on a little man like him.
courtesy of mingpao.com

When Anthony Wong Chau Sun earlier brought his group to prepare to run for the Performing Artist Guild presidency, executive secretary Astrid Chan Chi Ching refused instant application admission and both parties parted in unpleasantness. Chau Sun blasted Chan Chi Ching, while Chan Chi Ching stressed that she was only operating according to process and beg Chau Sun to spare a little woman like her. Chau Sun yesterday continued to strike on a Commercial Radio interview. "I told her to give upon a little man like me, being kept outside the door like I was begging for rice. It was quite an insult. Since she is so powerful, she might as well become the president. There is no need for all the drama!"

Chau Sun reiterated, "When the PAG had to elect a president, someone suggested for me to run. I heard that many people said I would be pretty good. (Eric Tsang) Chi Wai also nodded and talked with me many times. At first my reaction was, 'Such a big prank! I am very busy too.' Later I talked with Chi Wai again, I said that I had to familiarize myself with the Guild operations and form a committee. (Louis) Yuen Siu Cheung and Chi Wai both said to just fill out the form and pay the dues to be admitted. So I submitted the list of names and went there that day, but I got there they said that we couldn't be admitted instantly. They even asked my people to go to the trash cans to fill out the forms. I have read the Guild charter, which (said admission) required committee evaluation. However I asked the lawyer and he too said that we could be admitted instantly. Ms. Chan was the one who said that we couldn't, she represented the law. (Did someone know that you wanted to take an axe to and change the policy and did not want you to be the president?) The whole incident forced changes, (the guild) had to be changed so no one would be able to do this again. No one gets paid, everyone is for the sake of the Guild and not individuals. I hoped to focus the effort to seek benefits for performing artists, like the fisheries council is about the fishing industry. It won't change to be about the farming industry."

As for Chan Chi Ching's plead to be spared, Chau Sun said, "I told her to give up on a little man like me. I was invited here, did you think I asked to come? Ending up outside the door like I was begging for rice, which was a pretty big insult. (Will you continue to run next week?) I have to have someone officially contact me. Ms. Chan is so powerful, she might as well be the president. There is no need for all the drama. We will start a soy sauce guild, making soy sauce would be pretty interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment