Tuesday, August 3, 2021

[2021.08.04] WONG YAU NAM TAKES OFF EVERYTHING FOR FRUIT CHAN

courtesy of on.cc

Artist Wong Yau Nam earlier worked on the Fruit Chan Gor directed new film COFFIN HOME (GWAI TUNG NEI JU). Playing a real estate agent, he mentioned a love scene. "My on screen girlfriend and I were shooting in the bathtub, with bubbles covering (over important areas). However no matter how we shot the underwear was showing. Out of ideas I took everything off. Of course I had to explain to her that I would do that. (Making the sacrifice for art?) Making the sacrifice for Ah Gor. He is my mentor. I also believe in his handling method (editing). However actually the wide shot from above really showed everything!"

This time they made an unusual ghost film, using ghost stories to examine Hong Kong housing issues. Yau Nam admitted that last year due to the pandemic he only made one movie. He believed that buying a home would be difficult in the short run.

No comments:

Post a Comment