Tuesday, October 2, 2012

[2012.10.03] EDDIE PENG IS GLAD TO BE BAD

courtesy of mingpao.com

Taiwan actor Eddie Peng Yu-Yen in the film TAI CHI 0 played the villain for the first time in his ten year career. He was not worried about his image, instead he was happy about being able to play a villain. "Soon after I started making movies I already wanted to try different characters. Due to my age, the poor Taiwan film environment earlier and contract issues, work was less than smooth. After JUMP! ASHIN, many directors asked me to perform. I have more opportunities, and I have learned to cherish properly every chance. At the same time I also understand I can force anything. When I was younger, the character was very limited. I couldn't play many characters and I would complain. Now I understand that even if someone asks me, I still would have been a child playing an adult. Like an adult can't pretend to young, it just wouldn't look good."

Peng Yu-Yen worked with Tony Leung Ka Fai on three movies in a row, TAI CHI 0, TAI CHI HERO and COLD WAR (HONG JIN). He praised Ka Fai as a good elder, husband and father. "Being able to work with Brother Ka Fai, I feel very lucky. I took great care of me. Whether I have questions about work or performance, I would ask them. He was very glad and patient as he answered me, taught me, even for dinner I would look for him. He is a great actor, a good husband, a good father. From him I have learned a lot."

He would set his sight on Leung Ka Fai, as he hoped to be like him with both career and family while knowing how to enjoy life. Will he hurry up, wed and start a family? Peng Yu-Yen said that he will have to ask his mother. "I grew up in a single parent family. Mama and Sis took great care of me so I have to respect them. They have to like my other half. I hope to have a good other half. Now I am busy with movies, I don't have time to date."

No comments:

Post a Comment