Friday, March 1, 2019

[2019.03.02] SEEING HIS EX WOULD NOT BE AWKWARD FOR CARLOS CHAN

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com

Carlos Chan Ka Lok yesterday attended a Tseung Kwan O shopping event, spoke in the Taishan dialect with a group of seniors, was asked for autographs and had no generational gap at all. Ka Lok felt extra intimate with the seniors. Because he grew up with his grandma, he had no difficulty being with them at all. He felt the most comfortable and the most natural with them.

Ka Lok earlier had to work on his new film GUNG GUP GAU WOON (EMERGENCY RESCUE) in Xiamen, thus since his film INTEGRITY (LIM JING FUNG WON YIN MOK)'s Hong Kong release he has not participate in any promotional event. He helplessly said, "I hope the director would remember me when the chance for a sequel arises. (You spend all your time on making money, have you made ten years' money in a year?) The base numbers were very low before, maybe ten years together I would only have made several tens of thousands. Thus people say I made ten years' worth of money." In GUNG due to a lot of rescue operations at sea, Ka Lok went to improve his swimming. However in the end he had no swimming scene, all the rescues were done on vessels and he fought fire. He said, "In the future it probably will be useful."

Speaking of both him and old flame Jennifer Yu Heung Yi being this year's Hong Kong Film Award hosts, Ka Lok said, "I only know that I will be a part of it, but I haven't receive any arrangement yet. I know she will take part as well. We probably will have a chance to see each other. After (the break up) we haven't met, meeting again won't be awkward either because at work or at the Guild we would have a chance to see each other." Was he happy for Jennifer's three nominations? He said, "I would be happy for each actor who is nominated, basically I have sent text messages to congratulate all the nominated friends I know, including Jennifer." Would he celebrate with Jennifer? Ka Lok said, "For now I haven't considered that, the event would have an after party anyway. I will worry about it then. Instead I haven't been nominated since I started!"

No comments:

Post a Comment