Wednesday, February 1, 2012

[2012.02.02] "PRETTY" ANTHONY WONG AND ANDY LAU WRECK HAVOC ON A SENIOR HOME

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

After success at several overseas film festivals, the Ann Hui On Wa directed, Andy Lau Tak Wa and Deanie Ip Tak Han starred A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH) has been scheduled for a March 9 release.  Last year on Wa Jai's first day on the set, they shot on location at a Sham Shui Po senior home.  Seniors there might be up there in age but were very smart.  As soon as Wai Jai appeared, they asked with suspicion whether he was Lau Tak Wa.  Wa Jai responded with a smile, 'I am Lau Tak Wa!"  When they learned that Wa Jai came to make a movie, the seniors refused to nap as they wanted to watch the shoot.  The entire senior home became cheerful, Wa Jai even hummed Cantonese Opera for this group of smart fans.

At the senior home Wa Jai could not help but joked, "Having an elder at home is like having a treasure.  In front of me then are many treasures.  Actually before shooting at the senior home, I worried whether I would disturb their lives.  I was afraid that I would affect their rest.  However now I can relax, actually most of them are very active."  In the film the senior home boss Anthony Wong Chau Sun and supervisor Kung Shuet Fa also brought the seniors a lot of joy.  With an eye patch over his left eye and a long coat that resembled Mark Gor, Chau Sun joked with Wa Jai, "My costume is truly inspired.  Earlier when I went to the costume fitting, for fun I put on black nail polish.  Ann thought the look could have a little fun and finally put black nail polish on all my fingers.  When I went home I picked out a long coat to match and added to the boss' might.  Then today I come to work I realize my left eye is infected.  I was inspired and put on a eye patch to cover the red eye.  Thus this cyclops boss look is born, pretty yet easy on the eye?  Ha!"  Wa Jai also joked that only Chau Sun would be able to pull the look off, as he made an interesting pair with his employee Kung Shuet Fa.

When Kung Shuet Fa worked with Wa Jai, she often mispronounced her lines due to her less than fluent accent.  She made "undocumented South Asian Person" sound like "straw shaking blue tear pervert" and cracked up the entire set.  Aunt Fa said that she knew her acting was no match for Best Actors Wa Jai and Chau Sun, but she was fortunate enough to have the rare chance to work with them and Hui On Wa.  She was used to getting up early to watch the stock market open so the early call was not hard for her.  She even attentively asked her maid to make red bean dessert for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment