Friday, June 15, 2012

[2012.06.16] GIGI LEUNG WORKS THREE JOBS ON HER MICRO MOVIE

Yumiko Cheng, Gigi Leung, Shaun Tam
courtesy of takungpao.com

Gigi Leung Wing Kei earlier was invited to direct one of the 15th Shanghai Film Festival's "Gratitude, Care, Growth" theme women micro movie LUCKY COOKIE.  Gigi for the first time wrote, directed and starred this film, from voice work to musical score she personally supervised.  Gigi said, "Originally I was just the writer and the director, but when the story came out everyone thought the female lead's aura was very close to mine.  Finally I took the part."

Gigi was both excited and happy to receive the Shanghai Film Festival's invitation to direct because she has always been interested in directing.  She was also very interested in this time's theme of "Gratitude, Care, Growth" so she agreed right away.  However Gigi admitted that working in so many positions was not easy.  She said, "In the past as an actress I only had to familiarize myself with the script and understand the character.  Yet this time I also have to pay attention to everything that is happening on the set, like the production progress, time, dialogue, and communicating with each actors.  I didn't even have time to have a sip of water......haha!  Yet I am very gratified and happy that I was so busy!  If I will have another chance I still hope to be able to direct again."

Gigi's family and friends were also very supportive.  Her mother and husband took time to keep her company and encourage her.  Her husband even prepared Spanish omelet for the crew.  Their adopted puppy Luna also played a role!  Gigi said, "Everyone said that working with animals was the hardest, but I realized that Luna wasn't afraid of the camera and was very sharp.  I am very proud of this daughter!  Haha!"  Gigi even invited many friends in the business to guest star, including Shaun Tam Chun Yin, Yumiko Cheng Hei Yi, Ken Hung Cheuk Lap, Hotcha's Crystal and others.  Tam Chun Yin was even the photographer for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment