Tuesday, November 23, 2021

[2021.11.24] CYA LIU LONGS TO WORK WITH NICHOLAS TSE

courtesy of singtao.com

Mainland actress Cya Liu recently had many eye opening performance in many Hong Kong films. Last year with I'M LIVIN' IT (MAK LO YUN) she was nominated for Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actress. In her new film LIMBO (JI CHI) her relentless performance also won praises and was said to be a Best Actress favorite. However awards did not mean as much to her. Instead she felt being able to make a movie that she was pleased with would be even more important. Earlier after signing with Emperor she had endless opportunities. She even hoped to have a chance to work with her idol Nicholas Tse Ting Fung. Cya Liu earlier came to Hong Kong to work on Soi Cheang Pou Soi's new film LIMBO, but due to the pandemic she was unable to come to Hong Kong to promote. Earlier in her video conference interview she mentioned that making LIMBO was indeed very tough, but it was also a very important memory and film. In it she had many action scenes, but she was the one who took the beating. She was mercilessly "beaten", even though she already took all the protective measures injuries were inevitable. "On the first day already we worked on a chase scene, which was quite a physical challenge. Everyday I had wounds on me. In the film I took a beating, before hand I didn't need any special training. However while in Hong Kong I worked out, because being beaten and chased required strength, haha!" Cya Liu's performance has been praised and said to be a Best Actress favorite. However awards did not mean as much to her. Instead she felt being able to make a movie that she was pleased would be even more important.

Cya Liu started as a singer, later due to her performance in the Vicki Zhao Wei directed film SO YOUNG she garnered wider attention but she did not become an overnight success. She did not mind "not being famous", instead she focused more on honing her acting skills. Later by chance she participated in the Emperor Motion Picture HAPPINESS (HUNG WON SI NGOR) and explored another genre. Also because of it she had more chances to perform in Hong Kong films. Last year with I'M LIVIN' IT (MAK LO YUN) she was a Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actress nominee. She joked, "After finishing LIMBO, the director then recommended me for I'M LIVIN' IT. I am very grateful to him." Cya Liu now is an Emperor artist. Speaking of Emperor's numerous superstars, she looked forward to working with Nicholas Tse Ting Fung the most. "My childhood idol was Tse Ting Fung, I listened to his songs and watched his movies. He is a very hard work and tough actor, but I still haven't had the chance to see him. I look forward to the opportunity to meet him, but I wouldn't tell him I like him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment