Wednesday, June 10, 2009

[2009.06.11] EDDIE CHEUNG'S FEAR OF HEIGHTS

Photo courtesy of orientaldaily.com.hk

Photo courtesy of mingpao.com

Photo courtesy of takungpao.com
Photo courtesy of singtao.com

Eddie Cheung Siu Fai has always had a fear of heights, but in MURDERER he jumped from a five story tall platform to the ground. In the scene Aaron Kwok Fu Sing chased him down and they struggled on the ground. During the shoot his head almost hit sharp rock edges, luckily he was agile enough to block it with his arm and avoided an accident.

Cheung Siu Fai is still shaken. He says, "Ordinarily I would be frightened even on a ferris wheel. That day when I got up to the platform, Kwok Fu Sing helped him up. On the platform I didn't dare to tall up until after the stunt coordinator rehearsed it once for me. After everything was ready, I jumped right away." He describes the fall to the ground as intense and exciting. He says, "Although I am afraid of heights I feel this scene is very refreshing and challenging." Has he thought about winning an award for such a dangerous performance? He says, "Filmmaking takes team work, everyone would be just as happy for whoever has this chance. To me I am not making movies for awards. Instead I am much happier with being able to make a good movie."

No comments:

Post a Comment